Billings Leadership Foundation is a Christian Ministry that supports the collaborative efforts of Montana Rescue Mission and Friendship House of Christian Service, as well as other partners, in making Billings a playground rather than a battleground. Our Mission is to engage, equip and empower leaders and their organizations to effectively execute their missions to improve our city for the Glory of God.
What are we looking for? Someone that is passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of people, and who is interested in continuing their career with a growing non-profit with a proven success path. If this describes you, then we are interested in having you join our team as the Finance Director in Billings, MT!
Day in the life
- Oversee all AR/AP/Bookkeeping staff
- Implement financial policies and procedures, planning, analysis, budget and cash management
- Advise Executive Director and Board of Directors on financial matters, as well as, creating and maintaining integrity of internal and external reporting and fiscal controls
- Direct Oversight of Food Service Department, Maintenance Department and Retail Department
- Assist Executive Director and Leadership Team in developing and implementing the strategic plan
- Oversee maintenance of IT infrastructure, IT security and data management
- Assist Executive Director in the expansion of program and the diversification of revenue base
- Assist Human Resources in ensuring all staff compensation, benefits, legal staffing and policies are in line with industry standards
- Oversight of accounting operations
- Develop, maintain and implement financial policies and procedures
- Develop and implement annual operating and capital budgets
- Ensure that assigned departments are managed with integrity and biblical stewardship
Is this you?
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- A team player with work ethic, integrity, and attitude
- A strategic leader with expertise financial skills, analytical ability, and good judgment
- Extremely well organized and self-directed, diplomatic and adept at developing and maintaining interpersonal relationships within a team dynamic
- Levelheaded, purposeful in reactions, proactive problem solver
- A skilled negotiator who is experienced in contracts
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints
What do we require?
- Minimum of a B.A. in a related field, preference given for an MBA/CPA or related advanced degree
- Knowledge of, and subscription to, ECFA guidelines and standards
- 7+ years related experience, ideally some of which includes working in nonprofit sector
- 4+ years of management/supervisory experience
- Highly computer literate, knowledgeable in Microsoft Office suite software, QuickBooks, other accounting software, Internet and email
- Experience using data management software
- Substantial and proven knowledge and skill within Finance, IT and HR
Requirement: BLF is a privately funded 501 (c)3 non-profit, evangelical Christian ministry. Our designated purpose is religious and we are a Christ-centered ministry which is dedicated to sharing the Gospel by being an exemplary provider of effective and efficient solutions for those we serve, from a distinctly Christian perspective. We consider every position to be essential in the fulfillment of our ministry and Mission Statement. As such, each employee must have a relationship with Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord.