Reporting to the Development Director, the Development Coordinator is responsible for the fundraising execution in the support of Billings Leadership Foundation (BLF), and its legacy non-profit agencies and partner non-profit agencies. The Development Coordinator will work to increase, expand annual giving, implement a well-rounded moves management program, secure foundation giving, maintain grant reporting, and work with outside vendors to ensure messaging supports the revenue goals as established.
In addition to maintaining a portfolio of individual donors for cultivation and solicitation, H/She is responsible for developing, maintaining relationships with community partners, foundations, and corporations. H/She will work with our program staff to accurately portray program testimonies to donors. BLF prides itself on being a donor-centered organization and the Development Coordinator ensures organizational compliance with ethical practices in fund solicitation, as defined by the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- Establish professional working relationships with a diverse array of constituencies that include but are not limited to staff, Executive Director, donors, foundation, corporate representatives, and community partners.
- Implement, maintain database system(s) to track donors and enhance the organization’s understanding of donor behavior, donor trends, and collaborate with the development team on donor retention and recapture.
- Increase grant funding and expand the number of foundations that support BLF.
- Express appreciation, gratitude to our donors and ensure BLF has a robust donor appreciation process.
- Must be able to write compelling grant applications in a timely way and in a professional manner.
- Uphold, promote, and encourage, in word and deed, desired organizational culture and core values; purposefully seek to establish, maintain a culture that affirms, advances BLF Mission Statement, Vision, Values.
- Participate in timely, accurate reporting according to BLF needs and expectations, keep the Development Director informed and demonstrates commitment to open communication and fully participates in organizational problem-solving, decision-making, and strategic planning.
- Implement and carry out our comprehensive fundraising plan and provide best practice fundraising knowledge to address organizational challenges.
- Must be energized by the concept of continual cooperation, teamwork and sharing credit for accomplishing goals. To thrive in the culture of BLF, the position requires a genuine, sincere person who is both a teacher and learner.
- Embrace the use of data to tell the story of the impact of BLF and agencies that it supports to prospective donors and supporters, develop metrics to monitor the success of the Development program and balance the quantitative/analytical aspects of position with exceptional interpersonal communication, active listening skills.
- Maintain knowledge about homeless, rescue, and funding environment on a local and national level.
- Implement, advance the strategic communications plan to advance the brand identity, broaden awareness of programs and priorities, and generate donor support.
- Direct Mail
- Major Gifts and Moves Management
- Foundations and grants
- Traditional and non-traditional (digital) marketing, communications
- Present to community partners, foundations, corporations
Skills and qualifications
- A solid and credible Christian witness and lifestyle that exemplifies Christ in character and actions
- A proven fundraising leader and embraces the ideal of transparent and frequent interaction with his/her peers in a collaborative effort to advance BLF
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional, donor database software, desktop publication, social media
- Knowledge of some Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Basic understanding of WordPress and ability to make simple updates on websites
- Knowledge of basic photography, videography, and editing media materials
- Ability to think strategically and effectively
- Must be a bright, personable individual comfortable speaking to large groups, interacting one-on-one with people from all walks of life and able to think quickly on his/her feet
- A confident individual, whose ego remains in check and can engender trust among his /her team and with colleagues throughout BLF
- Highly ethical, trustworthy, and professional
- Organized with good analytical and decision-making abilities
- Flexible, able to handle many projects simultaneously and meet frequent deadlines
- Able to read and analyze statistical data and incorporate into departmental goals and objectives
- Valid Montana Driver’s License and ability to travel and be insured by BLF insurance carrier
- Minimum of 4 Year College Degree in a related field. Master’s Degree a plus
- 5+ years direct experience in fundraising and development, or experience in a related field, preferably with non-profit experience, with increasing levels of responsibilities.
- Certification as Fundraising Professional (CFRE) highly desired
- Membership in AFP, or the ability to obtain membership
Requirement: BLF is a privately funded 501 (c)3 non-profit, evangelical Christian ministry. Our designated purpose is religious and we are a Christ-centered ministry which is dedicated to sharing the Gospel by being an exemplary provider of effective and efficient solutions for those we serve, from a distinctly Christian perspective. We consider every position to be essential in the fulfillment of our ministry and Mission Statement. As such, each employee must have a relationship with Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord.