Under the direction of the development director, the incumbent is responsible for the recruitment, selection, training, orientation, and management of volunteers for the Billings Leadership Foundation legacy non-profit agencies: Montana Rescue Mission and Friendship House of Christian Service. Additionally, he/she will be responsible for duties that are tangentially related to the management of volunteers such as creating and maintaining promotional material, promoting the agencies through presentations, and training staff to work with volunteers.
- Under the direction of the executive director and development director, assist in defining the agencies’ volunteer needs, recruit, interview, screen, and refer applicants to appropriate areas for service.
- Manage volunteer groups.
- Partner with other organizations to recruit volunteers.
- Ensure a positive volunteer experience.
- Training of staff, conflict coaching or mediation between staff and volunteers, and frequently soliciting feedback from volunteers about their position and experience.
- Introduce volunteers to area of assignment and applicable staff.
- Maintain and manage a volunteer and project database.
- Maintain an accurate schedule of volunteer activities.
- Follow up with volunteers prior to scheduled events.
- Train staff to effectively work with volunteers.
- Drive volunteers to and from sites when necessary.
- Report on the non-profit agencies’ volunteer activities at the request of the development director.
- Create and/or maintain any recruitment and promotional materials used by the volunteer department.
- Work on an as needed basis within the development department.
- Perform other duties as assigned or become necessary by supervisor.
Skills and qualifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, database management, and internet utilization
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and complete projects in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently
- Trustworthy with confidential material and information
- Professional manner and appearance
- Valid Montana Driver’s License, ability to travel and be insured by the organization’s insurance carrier
- A solid and credible Christian witness and lifestyle that exemplifies Christ in character and actions
- Highly ethical, trustworthy, and professional
- Organized with good analytical and decision-making abilities
- Flexible, able to handle many projects simultaneously and meet frequent deadlines
- Able to read and analyze statistical data and incorporate into departmental goals and objectives
- Valid Montana Driver’s License and ability to travel and be insured by BLF insurance carrier
- Minimum of 4 Year College Degree in a related field. Master’s Degree a plus
- 5+ years direct experience in fundraising and development, or experience in a related field, preferably with non-profit experience, with increasing levels of responsibilities.
- Certification as Fundraising Professional (CFRE) highly desired
- Membership in AFP, or the ability to obtain membership
Requirement: BLF is a privately funded 501 (c)3 non-profit, evangelical Christian ministry. Our designated purpose is religious and we are a Christ-centered ministry which is dedicated to sharing the Gospel by being an exemplary provider of effective and efficient solutions for those we serve, from a distinctly Christian perspective. We consider every position to be essential in the fulfillment of our ministry and Mission Statement. As such, each employee must have a relationship with Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord.